Greta Ladies Ski Jacket In Teal
£139.99 Now £29.99 Mountain Warehouse
Greta Ladies Ski Jacket In Teal From Mountain Warehouse
- Waterproof and breathable
- Fully taped seams
- Detachable hood
- Adjustable cuffs
- Snow gaiters at the waist
- Underarm ventilation zips
- Multiple pockets including two front zipped pockets, one zipped chest pocket, internal MP3, goggle and mobile phone pocket with one lift pass pocket in the sleeve
The Greta Ski Jacket is a bright vibrant shade of teal, which I paired with purple boarding pants and a pink helmet. Hard as it may be to believe, I’m not colour blind, just a sucker for bright clashing colours. On our latest trip to the mountains, I put the jacket through it’s paces, on the slopes of Morzine and Avoriaz in the French Alps.
I usually layer up on the mountain, but the jacket was so well insulated I was boarding without my usual thermals, in just a long sleeve tee with the jacket on top. The weather was nowhere near as cold as usual, with Spring snow conditions for a few days before the temperature dropped a little and gave us new snow. On the colder days, the jacket was ideal and kept me snug.
As a snowboarder with many seasons under my belt, I’ve been through a lot of gear. For very cold conditions, I always go for my Helly Hensen jacket which performs brilliantly in the cold. The Mountain Warehouse Greta jacket however provides incredible levels of insulation to rival my usual cold conditions jacket of choice, keeping me toasty warm and dry even when out all day in heavy snow.
Chairlifts always present a real test for any ski jacket. Sitting there exposed, high up with the wind whistling around you, chairlift-cold means seriously cold. On day 3 I headed up to the top of Avoriaz mountain in heavy snow, seeking the highest, most exposed lift I could, to see how the jacket fared. Whilst my legs were freezing, my torso was kept warm and cosy, the bracing cold of the chairlift unable to penetrate the jackets immense insulation. Impressive performance at a good price.
- Great styling and vibrant teal colour
- Ample pockets for various things, including a handy lift pass pocket
- Snow gaiters at the waist for added protection from the elements
- Superb insulation, ideal for cold conditions and snowboarding beginners who will spend a lot of time falling into the snow
- Excellent quality, to rival my Helly Hensen boarding jacket and better than my Burton and Animal jackets
- Good true to size fit
- Although the sleeves are a good length, I found them quite wide and baggy
- The neck is very narrow, making it difficult to cover the lower part of your face when fully zipped up
Would We Recommend It?
I was really impressed by the jacket, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great combination of technical features, comfort and value.
The Mountain Warehouse Greta Ski Jacket is currently on sale for just £29.99 which is an absolute steal. Grab yours now ready for next season, and you can treat yourself to some extra apres ski with the money you saved!
Thank you to Mountain Warehouse who provided the jacket for us to test.